The Simcyp In Vitro Data Analysis Toolkit: Enable Model-based Analysis of Complex In Vitro Drug Data
The Simcyp® In Vitro Data Analysis Toolkit (SIVA) is a software solution that enables the analysis of complex in vitro studies, including those with whole cells, tissue samples and solid dosage forms. It combines the latest model-based data analysis approaches to assess the metabolism, transport or dissolution/solubility of drugs with powerful optimization algorithms in a sophisticated statistical environment. The SIVA Toolkit platform is designed to analyze complex in vitro data, providing accurate values for parameters that can subsequently be used in in vitro-in vivo extrapolation paradigms that are necessary to successfully predict in vivo behavior of drugs in physiologically-based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) models. It is a standalone product and can be purchased independently of Certara’s Simcyp Simulator. With the SIVA Toolkit, researchers can:
- Estimate metabolic intrinsic clearance and enzyme kinetic parameters with automated IVIVE functionality for extrapolation of hepatic clearance in multiple species (human, dog, rat, mouse)
- Describe transporter kinetics for drug uptake, efflux and metabolism, including the interplay of these multiple dynamic processes
- Assess the fundamental parameters required for in vivo simulation of the dissolution of solid dosage forms
- Model aqueous as well as bio-relevant solubility permitting estimation of pKa(s), intrinsic solubility, bile micelle:water partition coefficient and related parameters of active pharmaceutical ingredients
- Easy to use: Users do not need to have extensive modeling or statistical experience to use the SIVA toolkit. It features an intuitive graphical user interface.
- Support decision making: The SIVA Toolkit can provide reliable in vitro data for decision trees in regulatory guidelines, mechanistic-static or static models.
- Save time: Automated in vitro-in vivo extrapolation (IVIVE), a key element in successful prediction of in vivo behavior with PBPK models, helps accelerate the analysis of complex in vitro data.
- Designed specifically for in vitro research: Existing PK/PD software is either designed for in vivo data, not in vitro experiments, or cannot fit complex models. The SIVA Toolkit’s library of predefined models facilitate the assessment of metabolism, transport, and formulation properties of drugs.
How to Buy
The SIVA Toolkit consists of two Modules. The two Modules are as follows:
- Module 1: Metabolism/transporter and inhibition modules
- Module 2: Pharmaceutical modules
The SIVA Toolkit can be purchased online in the Simcyp Members’ Area here and you will be directed the the SIVA purchase page.
If you have not yet registered for the Simcyp Members’ Area, please sign up now.