Diverse agenda underscores the widespread adoption of pharmacometrics throughout the drug development process
PRINCETON, NJ – Oct. 02, 2015 – Certara®, the global biosimulation technology-enabled drug development company, today announced that its scientists are presenting or co-authoring 14 workshops, seminars and poster sessions at the sixth American Conference on Pharmacometrics (ACoP6). This annual International Society of Pharmacometrics (ISoP) conference will be held in Crystal City, VA from Oct. 4-7, 2015.
“Pharmacometrics is now an integral part of the drug development process. It can predict drug exposure levels based on patient and drug characteristics. Sponsors and regulatory agencies use pharmacometrics to determine dosing for select patient populations. Finally, it can predict drug-drug interactions and inform labeling decisions,” said Certara Chief Executive Officer Edmundo Muniz, M.D., Ph.D. “We are proud to play such an active role in this important global pharmacometrics conference.”
The Certara team also congratulated its Simcyp® Scientific Advisory Board member, Dr. Lawrence Lesko. He has received the 2015 ISoP Leadership Award for his sustained guidance, mentorship and outreach. The award will be presented during the ACoP6 opening session from 5:30 – 6:15 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 3.
Certara’s contributions to the ACoP6 sessions are outlined below:
Sunday, Oct. 4
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- “Physiological Modeling of Therapeutic Proteins and Antibody-drug Conjugates” – Presenter Linzhong Li.
- “Population-based Mechanistic Assessment of Drugs’ Pro-arrhythmic Potency Using In Vitro and In Vivo Extrapolation Approach” – Presenter Sebastian Polak.
Monday, Oct. 5
- M-26: “Evaluating the Efficiency of Payload Delivery by ADCs Using a Minimal PBPK Model” – Presenter Linzhong Li.
- M-38: “Implementation of a Highly Nonlinear, Multi-scaled and Long-term HIV Dynamic Model with Treatment Interruptions and Non-static BQL Data for Population Analysis” – Presenter Shuhua Hu.
- M-52: “Pooled Population Pharmacokinetic and Immunogenicity Analysis of Pembrolizumab Using Data from KEYNOTE-001, KEYNOTE-002, and KEYNOTE-006” – Co-author Rik De Greef.
- M-53: “Repolarization Rate: An Integrative Biomarker of Cardiac Action Potential Repolarization” – Presenter Ben Small.
- “Meeting in the Middle: Bridging PBPK and QSP modeling” – Chaired by Masoud Jamei, Ben Small, Rachel Rose.
- “Combining Knowledge of In Vitro Drug Properties, Population and Genetic Variability for the Prediction of QTc Prolongation” – Presenter Sebastian Polak.
Tuesday, Oct. 6
- T-39: “A Distributed Delay Approach for Modeling Delayed Outcomes in Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics Studies” – Presenter Shuhua Hu.
- T-53: “Model-Based Pooled Analysis of Exposure and Safety of Pembrolizumab in Patients With Advanced Melanoma and Non-Small Cell Lung Carcinoma” – Co-author Rik De Greef.
- T-62: “GGplot-Shiny: A Shiny App That Facilitates Data Manipulation and Exploration” – Presenter Samer Mouksassi.
Wednesday, Oct. 7
- W-30: “Comparison of Laplacian, Quasi-random Parametric Expectation Maximization (QRPEM) and Non-parametric Methods for Population Analysis of Complex Dynamic System with Non-static BQL Data” – Presenter Shuhua Hu.
- W-62: “Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacokinetic / Pharmacodynamic Modeling to Inform Optimal Dose of Vorapaxar” – Co-authors Marc Pfister, Mark Lovern.
- “Building Pharmacometric Applications using R: R Shiny Tutorial” – Presenter Samer Mouksassi.
For further information about this conference, please visit: http://www.acop6.org.
Certara is a global biosimulation technology-enabled drug development company. Its customers include hundreds of biopharmaceutical companies around the globe, together with several regulatory agencies. Certara’s solutions, which span the discovery, preclinical and clinical stages of drug development, enable superior drug development and regulatory decision-making through biosimulation, thus increasing R&D productivity and commercial value. For more information, visit www.certara.com.
Ellen Leinfuss, 609-216-9586
Chief Marketing Officer
Lisa Osborne, 206-992-5245
Rana Healthcare Solutions