Photo

simultaneous IV and extravascular (SD and RD)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Teodora Dumitrescu

Teodora Dumitrescu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:33 AM

Hi,

I am trying to build a model to simultaneously describe single and repeat IV and extravascular (inhaled) data. My dataset contains an ADDL variable with the number of additional IV or INH doses, an II column,with the interdose interval for both the IV and INH doses, a AMTIV (amount given IV), AMTINH (amount inhaled), and RATEIV (rate of iv infusion).

I set up a 2 compartment model with iv infusion in central compartment and zero order rate of absorption in central compartment from the inhaled dose (for which I want to estimate the duration).

The model is not running, and I think it is because I didn't correctly set up the additional doses under "Input Options".

Could you help?

Thanks,

Dora

#2 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

Dora, if you can attach the project then we can check how you set up and mapped your dose info.

Simon.

#3 serge guzy

serge guzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:42 PM

Dear Dora I am attaching some model examples that deal with the issue you raised. please look at the input option ADDL and let me know if it clear. We can go over the settings together after you took a look at. best Serge [file name=IV_ORAL_ADDL.phxproj size=2126123]http://www.pharsight.com/extranet/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/IV_ORAL_ADDL.phxproj[/file]

Attached Files

Edited by Simon Davis, 20 February 2017 - 02:55 PM.

• Tkin likes this

#4 Teodora Dumitrescu

Teodora Dumitrescu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:43 AM

Brilliant! That's what I needed! I was adding the II column as delta time to each of the dose points, but I see that you only add it to the first dose point, and keep delta time as zero for the second dose point. Makes sense, and it works.

Thanks!

Dora

#5 serge guzy

serge guzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:00 AM

The program is brilliant.

best

Serge