Central Nervous System: Strategic Modeling and Simulation Services
Certara has extensive experience supporting Central Nervous System (CNS) projects for industry clients, spanning all phases of clinical development. Our consultants have addressed key issues in trial design, choice of indication, and development strategy for drugs with novel mechanisms of action. We have developed models for assessing the probability a drug in development will be competitive with the standard of care.
Our experience covers a broad range of diseases and conditions within the CNS.
- Acute pain- dental pain, post-surgical pain
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Alzheimer’s disease/Dementia
- Amytrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Anxiety disorders/Panic attacks
- Bipolar disorder
- Chorea associated with Huntington’s disease
- Chronic pain- neuropathic pain, migraine, postherpetic neuralgia (PHN), lower back pain, osteoarthritic pain
- Cocaine addiction
- Excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS)
- Major depressive disorder
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Psychotic major depression (PMD)
Clinical Trial Outcomes Databases
Our compilations of public data from the clinical and scientific literature in several CNS disease areas provide a ready context for model-based meta-analysis to assess your compound’s performance against competing therapies. We have developed clinical trial outcomes databases for schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, and depression to facilitate model-based meta-analysis in these disease areas.
We can help you to develop a modeling and simulation strategy for establishing a comprehensive picture of your CNS drug’s safety and efficacy profile to accelerate clinical development.