Certara will participate in nine talks, symposia and poster sessions at this year’s meeting
PRINCETON, NJ – Nov. 9, 2016 – Certara®, the leading provider of decision support technology and consulting services for optimizing drug development and improving health outcomes, today announced that it will be chairing three sessions and participating in six more at the 2016 American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) Annual Meeting & Exposition. This conference is being held at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver from Nov. 13-17.
“Modeling and simulation (M&S) has been widely adopted by global biopharmaceutical companies and regulatory agencies. They now use it to predict drug-drug interactions (DDIs), determine appropriate drug doses for specific patient populations, decide whether certain clinical trials are required, and inform both study design and drug labels,” said Certara Chief Executive Officer Edmundo Muniz, MD, PhD. “We are now starting to see M&S facilitating virtual bioequivalence assessments and, with the addition of quantitative systems pharmacology, helping to reduce Phase II attrition. We are proud to share our latest research with scientists in the field.”
Certara will participate in the following sessions:
Monday, Nov. 14
- 10M0130: Physiologically-based Pharmacokinetic (PBPK) Modeling Approach for the Prediction of Small Intestinal Precipitation of Poorly Soluble Drugs: A Simulation Study of Posaconazole Using the Simcyp ADAM Model – Shriram Pathak
- 10M0230: PBPK Modeling and Simulation to Assess Potential Cytochrome P450 3A4 and Transporter-mediated DDIs with Prucalopride as Victim – Sibylle Neuhoff (contributing author)
Tuesday, Nov. 15
- Concentration-effect Modeling of Nonclinical Data as a Translational Tool – Piet van der Graaf
- 17T0130 : Accounting for Ketoconazole Absorption Variability Improves Prediction of Its Inhibitory Effect on Midazolam Kinetics – Masoud Jamei
- Dialogue and Debate: A Religious Debate Between Clearance (CL) and Rate Constant (ke) Camps! – Masoud Jamei (chair)
- Hot Topic: Establishing Bioequivalence Virtually: A Distant Dream or a Close Reality? – Shriram Pathak (chair)
Wednesday, Nov. 16
- 06W0830: Mechanistic Dissolution, Supersaturation and Precipitation Models to Simulate Simultaneous Dissolution of Two Solid State Mixtures of Ritonavir – Shriram Pathak
- 08W0430: Mechanistic Model-based Analysis of Biopharmaceutics Experiments: Application of In Vitro/In Vivo Extrapolation (IVIVE) Techniques within a PBPK Modeling Framework – Shriram Pathak
Thursday, Nov. 17
9:40 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
- The Devilish Details: Verification, Validation, and Qualification of Quantitative Systems Pharmacology Models – Masoud Jamei (chair)
Certara is a leading decision support technology and consulting organization committed to optimizing drug development and improving health outcomes. Certara’s solutions, which span drug discovery through patient care, use the most scientifically-advanced modeling and simulation technologies and regulatory strategies to increase the probability of regulatory and commercial success. Its clients include hundreds of global biopharmaceutical companies, leading academic institutions, and key regulatory agencies.
Ellen Leinfuss, 609-216-9586
Chief Marketing Officer
Lisa Osborne, 206-992-5245
Rana Healthcare Solutions