PRINCETON, N.J.— April 12, 2022 – Certara, Inc., a global leader in biosimulation, today announced that it has issued its inaugural environmental, social and governance (ESG) report. The report “Innovating to Improve Patient Lives” outlines Certara’s approach to a responsible ESG framework across four pillars: 1) health and social impact of our software and services, 2) our people and culture, 3) corporate governance and compliance, and 4) our environmental impact.
“This report relays our commitment to understanding, managing and monitoring our ESG impact to support sustainable growth, and we are pleased to share it with our stakeholders,” said Certara’s CEO William Feehery, Ph.D. “The pandemic has taught us that we can and must think differently about how we accelerate the development of medicines to improve patient lives. With our leading software and expert team of more than 1,100 employees, we believe there is a significant opportunity to continue expanding our positive impact worldwide.”
Certara 2021 ESG Report Highlights
- Introduced 10 new products and product updates with R&D investment of $28.1M (10% of revenue)
- Advanced scientific thought leadership and knowledge sharing with more than 150 scientific publications, posters and presentations
- Worked on more than 1,200 drug projects in 2021 and supported 250+ regulatory submissions in the past 4 years
- Trained more than 3,000 scientists on Certara software
- Increased engagement with employees, placing in the top 25% in engagement employee net promoter score among life science companies
Certara’s ESG Report is available here: https://www.certara.com/company/responsibility/
Certara accelerates medicines using proprietary biosimulation software, technology and services to transform traditional drug discovery and development. Its clients include more than 2,000 biopharmaceutical companies, academic institutions and regulatory agencies across 62 countries.